Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from La Dolce Vegan
Make and share this Creamy Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Vegan Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta, dry
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (300 g) package firm silken tofu
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, blend tomatoes, tofu, garlic, basil, and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Set aside.
- When pasta is almost done, add broccoli to pasta water and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Drain and return pasta/broccoli to pot.
- Add sauce and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Newly vegan and have been looking for something to satisfy my dairy craving. This absolutely did the trick! It was delicious and felt like I was eating something creamy and off limits. Didn't add all the sauce to the pasta because I felt it would be a little rich for my taste. I did make some crostini and spread the leftover sauce on them, amazing! This recipe is great as is but I will be using the sauce as a dip/spread with veggies and on sandwiches as well.
Very tasty and easy. I was just put on a vegan diet and this really hit the spot!
I felt like this needed a little more oomph and my final version was definitely 5 stars. I sauteed about 3T of onion with the garlic in a little of the sun dried tomato oil and then added that into the sauce. I also added 1 veggie bouillon cube and about 3T of rice milk to thin it out. I didn't have quite enough basil (literally cleaned off my plants which are done for the year) and so I added a little fresh oregano which was a fine addition. I also sauteed 4 baby bella mushrooms and added those to the sauce. My tofu was soft silken in nature which I would do again. Thanks for sharing!