Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe has been adapted from kraftfoods.com. It makes a very enjoyable weeknight meal.
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, well drained
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated plus additional
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot as directed on package.
- Place the peppers, cream cheese, milk, 1/2 cup basil and Parmesan cheese in blender container, cover and blend until smooth; pour into medium saucepan and set aside.
- Pound the chicken with meat mallet to flatten slightly and grill on George Forman grill or grill pan until cooked through.
- When done using a fork and knife, cut the chicken into bite size pieces; stir into pepper mixture, over medium heat, cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to chicken mixture stirring to blend well; adjust seasonings to suit personal taste.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan and basil leaves.
Delicious! We loved the fresh basil taste of this creamy sauce. It's hard to believe that it is lower in fat, too. I simplified the recipe even more by using precooked, packaged, grilled chicken breasts instead of the fresh chicken. My family loved this quick and easy dish, and I loved the fact that I was able to get dinner on the table in a hurry. Thanks Paula!
This was quick, easy and made a delicious meal for our family. I enjoyed the roasted red peppers a lot and I probably used a little more parmesan cheese than the recipe called for because we love it on our pasta. Thanks for sharing, PaulaG.