Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This will blow people away! A great side to tenderloin or other good cuts of meat. This is like a risotto without the rice...no one can resist these!
- 3 cups cooked barley
- 3 cups cooked potatoes, brunoise (finely diced)
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 can chicken stock
- Cook barley per package instructions, drain, and set aside.
- Place potatoes in boiling water for five minutes, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking In a large saucepan combine potatoes and barley with about 1/2 of chicken stock over medium high heat Stir until hot, then add butter.
- Continue stirring vigorously until mixture has the appearance of heavy oatmeal.
- Finish with 1/4 cup of cream stirred.
- You can reduce or increase recipe, keeping barley and potatoes in equal parts and adjusting cream and butter accordingly.
its good...its good...but its missing something. Maybe garlic? Sauteeded? Onions?
Hi I have vegetarian friends and they thought this was wonderful, I have to admit I added 1 cup of parmesan cheese but it went down a treat. Lorraine from brisbane Australia