Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very creamy and simple to make.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 box vanilla wafer
- 3 -4 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice
- In large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water.
- Add pudding mix, and beat until well blended.
- Chill for 5 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer vanilla wafers, bananas and pudding in 9 x 13 pan.
- I always do 2 layers and top with vanilla wafers.
- Chill thoroughly.
Loved this recipe! I added Cool Whip to the top of it so it would look more like traditional banana pudding recipes. Also, I've used the custard part for other things I've made like Boston Cream pie--it's substantial enough to hold the layers of the cake without running down the sides. Great recipe. Thanks for posting.
With the sweetened condensed milk this pudding is very sweet and very rich. I used the fat free version to lower the caloric count a bit.