Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This pie has a pecan crust that tastes terrific with the creamy banana filling.
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped or ground
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping, such as cool whip,divided
- 3 large bananas, ripe,firm
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk, cold
- chopped pecans (to garnish) (optional)
- Combine flour, butter and pecans.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a greased 9 inch pie pan to form crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping and spread mixture over crust.
- Arrange bananas on top.
- In seperate bowl, whisk pudding and milk until well blended, then pour over bananas.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Garnish with pecans, and refrigerate until serving.
Found this recipe in the 1999 Taste of Home cookbook and it has been enjoyed by friends and family alike!
I have been using this recipe for a couple years. EVERYONE at work loves it! Super simple and great taste! Thanks for posting so I could find it again!