Prep 2 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adding the banana as the oatmeal cooks gives this healthy breakfast treat a delicious creamy texture. I like my oatmeal thick. If you want it a bit soupier just add more water.
- 350 ml water
- 1 small banana, sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150 g rolled oats, not instant not quick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the water, banana, salt and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Beat with a whisk until combined.
- Turn the heat on high and bring to the boil. Add the oats and turn the heat to medium - keeping at a fast simmer.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vanilla extract and cook an additional minute.