From Connie Griffin at Hope Lodge. This is the best banana cream pie you will ever eat. check the reviews for different ways to go on this. the crust is dead easy , and adds a lot to the recipe. i like banana pudding also .
- Combine flour, butter and pecans. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread over crust.
- Slice bananas and arrange on top of cream cheese.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk.
- Mix in remaining Cool Whip.
- Spread on top of bananas.
I made this twice, the first time using regular cool whip and cream cheese, the second time with light. Although both tasted good, the regular made a noticeably better presentation and had a better texture. I also used a graham crust.
I used a graham/pretzel crumb crust and banana cream pudding mix. This was the very best banana cream pie that I have ever tasted!! I doubled the recipe and used a 13x9 pan.
I made this with light cream cheese, light Cool Whip and 1% milk. Those who ate it said it was my best pie yet! The crust was pretty moist when I took it out of the oven, but I resisted the urge to bake it longer since I made that mistake with a graham cracker crust and it turned out rock hard. The crust ended up being perfect, it was easy to cut through, held its shape, and was crumbly when you ate it. Yum! The recipe was the perfect size for my 10 inch pie pan.