Recipe by Dienia B.
From Connie Griffin at Hope Lodge. This is the best banana cream pie you will ever eat. check the reviews for different ways to go on this. the crust is dead easy , and adds a lot to the recipe. i like banana pudding also .
Top Review by djafishfria
I made this twice, the first time using regular cool whip and cream cheese, the second time with light. Although both tasted good, the regular made a noticeably better presentation and had a better texture. I also used a graham crust.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, divided
- 3 large bananas
- 1 (6 ounce) packageinstant vanilla or 1 (6 ounce) package banana instant pudding
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, butter and pecans. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread over crust.
- Slice bananas and arrange on top of cream cheese.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk.
- Mix in remaining Cool Whip.
- Spread on top of bananas.