Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from the blog Heather's Dish. A perfect way to use too ripe bananas :)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 10 -12 drops liquid stevia
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Using a food processor or mini food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until all of the banana chunks are incorporated. Then process fully until everything is whipped into oblivion, smooth and creamy.
- Spread on toast, bagels, pancakes, waffles, sandwiches, whatever you want!
I followed most of the recipe, except I used 2 T. of Almond Butter, and I added a dash of vanilla. When I first tried this I didn't like it. Then I took another taste. Hm, this is pretty good. And after sitting in the fridge overnight, I find it strangely addicting....... Thanks! :D
Wow, this is a fantastic spread! I love it! I followed your recipe almost to a t, the only small changes I made were to use a mixed nut butter in place of the pb and to leave out the sugar, because I didnt need it.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Boomie!
Made and reviewed for Photo Tag Game August 2012.