Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best banana bread ever. a co-worker brought it to work and everyone wanted the recipe. the pecan filling makes the this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter or margarine and cream cheese together. Gradually add the white sugar, and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and soda; mix until batter is just moist.
- In a small bowl, mix together chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Divide 1/2 batter into two greased and floured 8x4 inch loaf pans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over batter in pans, and top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe is outstanding! I made this today and used half splenda half regular sugar and splenda brown sugar blend. 2 bananas made 1 cup so added one more banana for over the top taste. I made these into muffins as they are an easy quick bite out the door, and freeze well size. Unbelievable flavor. Thank You for sharing my new go to recipe Ontario Farmwife!