Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe works best when divided into 4 small loaf pans. When I bake it in one large loaf, the sides and top are over done, and the middle is still swishhy. I love to make the small loaves, and freeze them. Then, if we want to have one for breakfast, just take it out the night before. (The Martha Stewart Cookbook)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana, very ripe, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter 4 small loaf pans.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add Eggs, beat well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with the butter mixture.
- Add the bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes, Check with cake tester to see if done.