Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From thesandiegochannel.com, a recipe for a creamy balsamic vinaigrette from Chef Larry, posted by request.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, chives, parsley, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and sugar together.
- Add olive oil while whisking until all the oil is incorporated.
- Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Made this 3 days ago and used it last night on my salad and it was very good (especially with the strawberries in my salad). Thanks for a quick and easy dressing.
This was OK, but just not the creamy dressing I was thinking it would be. I used fresh chives and parsley for this.
This is fast and easy to make, but it is not quite the creamy dressing I was expecting. I am trying to duplicate our favorite dressing from a restaurant, but no luck so far. I am guessing the recipe I am looking for will have more mayonnaise and less oil. Thanks for sharing.