Recipe by Daydasa
I really enjoy making this recipe and I always make an extra pan to give to neighbors. I have had many recipe request. There's plenty of room to play with this one. You could very well use one of your very own sauce recipes, or change the beef up for Italian sausage. Add mushrooms and bell pepper for a little twist. Hope you enjoy!!
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta, cooked to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion,Italian seasoning,garlic,and ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Toss pasta with 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Layer as follows in a buttered 9x13 baking dish: 1/2 of the Ziti,all the provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 spaghetti sauce, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- This can also be split into two 8x8 pans.