1/1 Photo of Creamy Baked Spaghetti Squash Parmesan (Low-Carb)
1 hr 15 mins
I know there are a lot of other spaghetti squash recipes posted here on Zaar, but I didn't see one quite like this. This recipe produces a rich, creamy, indulgent, savory, and wonderful casserole! You could serve it as a side dish, with fish, pork, or chicken. Or, serve with a side salad, and you've got a satisfyingly light meal. It's healthy, no matter how you slice it, and perfect for a low-carb diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place on foil lined baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for 35 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, combine half and half, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and seasonings in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- 5When spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, use two forks to pull the squash strands from the skin. Place in a 2 quart casserole dish. Discard skins.
- 6Pour the cream mixture over the squash, and stir to combine.
- 7Top with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- 8Place in oven, and bake 20-30 minutes. If the cheese does not brown and bubble, broil for 5-10 minutes.
- 9Serve hot, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Baked Spaghetti Squash Parmesan (Low-Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 774.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 11.8 g