I know there are a lot of other spaghetti squash recipes posted here on Zaar, but I didn't see one quite like this. This recipe produces a rich, creamy, indulgent, savory, and wonderful casserole! You could serve it as a side dish, with fish, pork, or chicken. Or, serve with a side salad, and you've got a satisfyingly light meal. It's healthy, no matter how you slice it, and perfect for a low-carb diet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place on foil lined baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine half and half, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and seasonings in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- When spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, use two forks to pull the squash strands from the skin. Place in a 2 quart casserole dish. Discard skins.
- Pour the cream mixture over the squash, and stir to combine.
- Top with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven, and bake 20-30 minutes. If the cheese does not brown and bubble, broil for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!