Recipe by Queen Dana
One of my husband's recipes. We like to make this with lemon basil; it gives the dish great flavor!
Top Review by Kate 8:)
This was a real crowd pleaser. Comments started pouring in from the first bite. I made sure the onions were almost done before adding the garlic. Seems the garlic overcooks if I add them at the same time. I used canned diced tomatoes, so didn't simmer as long as suggested. I used half and half and fresh basil. The salmon was incredibly tender. It took me 20 minutes to cook to a temp of 135F, but my filets were about 8 oz instead of 6. Will definitely try it with fresh tomatoes next time. I was in a bit of a time crunch.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter on medium high until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook on high for 5 to 10 minutes untill tomatoes start to break a part.
- Add cream and simmer on medium low for 5 minutes.
- Stir basil, salt and pepper in to cream sauce.
- In an oiled baking dish, pour cream sauce over salmon. Cover and bake for 12 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veggies.