Recipe by Chef Jeff #5
Baked Potato soup that is creamy and hits the spot on those cold winter days.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut up potatoes into bit size cubes. Boil approximately 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, make roux by combining margarine and flour over medium high heat until margarine is melted.
- Slowly add milk and allow to thicken, continuosly stir making sure roux does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in chopped onion and bouillon, simmer for 5 minutes, continuously stirring roux.
- Then add cream of celery soup, chicken broth and pepper.
- Simmer to desired creaminess being sure that sauce does not burn or stick to pan.
- Strain potatoes. Mix roux and potatoes together. Top each serving with cheese, bacon and sour cream to taste.