Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Warming on a Winter evening
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cauliflower
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 5 mild peppadew peppers
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon chili infused oil
- oil (for frying)
- 75 ml flour, for thickening
- 2 tablespoons soy powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon instant vegetable stock
- preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- slice potatoes into medium slices and cook on stove top in just enough water to cover the potato slices. When potato is just cooked, remove from heat. spoon the potato slices out of the water and set the water aside.
- break cauliflower into flowers.
- slice onion thinly.
- set aside.
- heat oils and add spices.
- when the oil becomes aromatic, stir in the cauliflower and onion.
- when just cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- chop peppadew peppers into small pieces and set aside.
- make a white sauce by heating oil and using a hand whisk, briskly stir in enough flour for thickening, instant veggie stock granules and soy milk powder. Slowly add the water left over from cooking the potato while whisking briskly. Set aside.
- thinly coat an baking dish with oil to prevent sticking.
- layer the ingredients into baking dish. Place a few slices of potato on top of the dish to brown. Bake for 30 minutes Serve with a side salad.