Recipe by msmia
This recipe was exceptional. Made for New Year's Eve but will be used frequently during the rest of the year. From Bon Appetit April 2001. Be sure to use Dry Jack Cheese (if you can get it)
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups polenta
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated (dry jack cheese is recomended, substitute parmesan if you can't find)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour water in 13x9 inch baking dish. Whisk polenta, salt & pepper into water. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Saute green onions in butter for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add parsley, thyme, & cream. Stir to combine. Season w/ Salt & Pepper. Reserve off heat.
- Stir polenta, add green onion mixture, grated cheese & lemon zest. Bake additional 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Let rest for five minutes prior to serving.