From Sara Moulton's cookbook. I love the cheeses in this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Combine 4 cups of water, cornmeal, butter, salt and pepper in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 3Bake uncovered, on the top shelf of the oven for 40 minute.
- 4Remove the polenta from the oven, give it a stir, and bake for another 10 minute.
- 5Remove it from the oven again and this time stir in the provolone and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Let it stand for 5 min before serving.
- 7Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Baked Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.2
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 849.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g