Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good recipe that you can add chicken to if you want but tasty as is.
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 15 ounces chickpeas or 15 ounces garbanzo beans
- 15 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 ounces chopped broccoli (frozen thawed and well drained)
- 14 ounces marinara sauce (favorite pasta sauce)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta according to pkg directions; drain. In a food processor, puree until smooth; chickpeas or garbanzo beans, ricotta cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, onion, egg whites, salt and oregano. Scrape into bowl and stir in broccoli; mix well. Toss with pasta. Spread red pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with pasta then remaining sauce. Cover with foil. Bake 20-30 min or until bubbly. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Bake 5 more minute.
Followed your recipe but did use a homemade pasta sauce that we like! I'm not usually big on using garbanzo beans, but, along with the other ingredients, they worked very nicely to give us a wonderful pasta dish! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipes]