1/1 Photo of Creamy Baked Onions
Creamy onions that are perfect accompanying a roast dinner whether meat or veggie. To prepare the onions up to a day ahead, assemble the dish without the parmesan, then chill. To serve, scatter with the cheese, then bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F
- 2Peel and trim the roots of the onions but leave them whole. Cook in a large pan of boiling water for 25 mins until tender, then drain, reserving a little cooking water.
- 3Season the cream and mix in 2 tbsp of the onion water.
- 4When the onions are cool enough to handle, slice each in half through the root.
- 5Lay the onion halves, cut side down, in a large baking dish with the bay leaves.
- 6Pour over the cream, scatter with the parmesan, and bake for 25 mins until the cream is bubbling and the onions are just beginning to brown.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Baked Onions
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g