Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but it looks like it has a lot of flavor and would be perfect for a hearty meat and potatoes meal. From Best Recipes Down Home Cooking. Prep time includes time to make mashed potatoes.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopeof lipton recipe secrets vegetable soup mix
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients together, except 1/4 cup of the cheese, and add to casserole dish.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.