Recipe by Cathy Pete
Combined a few recipes together and this is the BEST I came up with. Cheesy - Creamy Crusty top and easy to reheat with putting a little bit more milk into and on top of the leftovers and covering with foil putting back into the oven for 1/2 hour
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This is excellent mac and cheese. Not dry like a lot that I have tried. Lots of cheese flavor. The sauce took me a while to get all the cheese to melt. Ended up putting it back on the heat to get it smooth. Baking time is perfect. My GD loved it. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall '08
- 453.59 g medium shell macaroni noodles
- 118.29 ml butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 118.29 ml flour
- 828.06 ml whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 226.79 g cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 453.59 g processed cheese, cut into cubes like Velveeta cheese
- 473.18 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles according to package.
- After noodles are drained and have cooled for a few minutes, put them in a big bowl and mix with beaten egg.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- In a pan cook butter, salt, pepper, ground mustard and flour and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat add milk, return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add cheeses, stir until melted.
- Pour over noodles that are in a bowl stir, pour into greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and crusty!