1/3 Photos of Creamy Baked Macaroni And Cheese
Literary Mom's Note:
Velveeta, cream cheese, half and half, and egg give this comforting dish a rich, cheesy flavor with a custardy texture. I experimented by combining ideas from several recipes and my whole family was thrilled with the results!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil noodles until done.
- 2While noodles are cooking, grease a rectangular glass casserole dish.
- 3After noodles are drained and have cooled for a few minutes, put them in casserole dish and mix with beaten egg.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium-low heat and add flour to make a paste.
- 6Add half and half and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- 7Reduce heat and add velveeta and cream cheese in small chunks.
- 8Stir and add seasonings (last four ingredients).
- 9After all the cheese is melted and the sauce has a medium thick consistency (you may need to play around with the half and half or milk to get the consistency you prefer), pour it over the noodles.
- 10Stir noodles with sauce until they are combined.
- 11Sprinkle parmesan over the top.
- 12Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes (I wait until it's a little browned).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Baked Macaroni And Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1019.0
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.2 g
- Saturated Fat 41.0 g
- Cholesterol 257.5 mg
- Sodium 2062.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 36.7 g