Velveeta, cream cheese, half and half, and egg give this comforting dish a rich, cheesy flavor with a custardy texture. I experimented by combining ideas from several recipes and my whole family was thrilled with the results!
- Boil noodles until done.
- While noodles are cooking, grease a rectangular glass casserole dish.
- After noodles are drained and have cooled for a few minutes, put them in casserole dish and mix with beaten egg.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium-low heat and add flour to make a paste.
- Add half and half and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and add velveeta and cream cheese in small chunks.
- Stir and add seasonings (last four ingredients).
- After all the cheese is melted and the sauce has a medium thick consistency (you may need to play around with the half and half or milk to get the consistency you prefer), pour it over the noodles.
- Stir noodles with sauce until they are combined.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes (I wait until it's a little browned).