Recipe by GardnerFamily
This recipe was passed down from my grandmother's family. You can brown it longer to make it less creamy. You can also serve immediately, but it's better if you let it rest.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is a very simple, easy-to-make mac & cheese, & we enjoyed the combo of cheeses that was included! A real treat & a very nice recipe to keep on hand! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
- 1 lb cooked macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce milk
- 1 lb of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together everything except the macaroni throughly.
- Add macaroni and spread mixture in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover and let rest for 30 minutes.