Recipe by cxstitcher
Mac and Cheese has always been one of our comfort foods, and I found the recipe in Country Woman Magazine this month. I made it and found it to be wonderful!!! It was quickly eaten by the family, with no leftovers to be found. I did add an extra 1/4 cup of milk and stirred the mac and cheese once while in the oven about 15 minutes in, to help the melted cheese to be more evenly distributed.
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this recipe in Taste of Home 2010 Award Winning Recipes. DELICIOUS! I added some feta cheese to the cheddar because I didn't have gouda, and I really enjoyed it. YUM! Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 14 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 ounces cubed 1/2 inch cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions,drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, chives, mustard and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in macaroni and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes bake time, I stirred the macaroni and cheese, and topped it off with the bread crumbs, cooking for the remaining 15 minutes.