Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mac and Cheese has always been one of our comfort foods, and I found the recipe in Country Woman Magazine this month. I made it and found it to be wonderful!!! It was quickly eaten by the family, with no leftovers to be found. I did add an extra 1/4 cup of milk and stirred the mac and cheese once while in the oven about 15 minutes in, to help the melted cheese to be more evenly distributed.
- 14 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 ounces cubed 1/2 inch cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Cook macaroni according to package directions,drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, chives, mustard and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in macaroni and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes bake time, I stirred the macaroni and cheese, and topped it off with the bread crumbs, cooking for the remaining 15 minutes.
I found this recipe in Taste of Home 2010 Award Winning Recipes. DELICIOUS! I added some feta cheese to the cheddar because I didn't have gouda, and I really enjoyed it. YUM! Thanks for posting this recipe!
This was comfort food at its easiest. Wonderful taste and texture. I followed the recipe exactly, but used shredded cheese. I will be trying it with different cheeses. Thanks for posting Stitcher. Made for PAC Spring '09.