Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The top turns to cake and the bottom part turns to lemon sauce!
Top Review by Engrossed
YUMMY YUMMY LEMONY, RICH & CREAMY! I made a half recipe which filled three 1 cup ramekins. I placed them in an 8x8 pan filled 1/2 way with water and baked them 25 minutes. The cake part was very thin but I didn't care because the lemon sauce/pudding was soooo delish! The directions are missing that you stir steps 4 and 5 into step 3 and then fold in the egg whites. Made for Zaar Tag.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
- 1 tablespoon lemon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a small casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine flour and sugar, add in the softened butter; mix to completely combine.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg yolks and half and half milk until smooth.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the batter.
- Pour into baking dish and set the dish in a pan of hot water.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.