Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A slightly more elegant version of that family favorite Macaroni and Cheese!
- 1 (10 2/3 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups gouda cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 8 oz.
- 2 tablespoons buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In 2-quart casserole dish, combine soup, milk, chives, mustard, and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
My Husband and I thought this recipe was a bit bland. We like the kick that cheddar gives mac and cheese better I guess. I liked the addition of the chives though. Thank you.
I had a slight problem with this,as in the fact that mine turned out to be pasta in cheesy/chicken soup. I'm not saying that that was a bad thing though,as it tasted REALLY good,so it was enjoyed anyway...hence why this received its' stars. Well worth a go,as the flavour is great!! Made for PRMR.