Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can change this up a bit by adding crumbled, cooked bacon, or ham, or cooked spinach at the bottom of the ramekins.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter two 8 oz ramekins, and then crack 2 eggs inside each. Be careful not to break the yolks.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, and then salt and pepper.
- Pour two tablespoons of cream over the egg mixture in each ramekin.
- Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 20 minutes, or when they are done to your liking.
This egg dish was really lovely. We enjoyed it for breakfast with toasted rosemary foccia, cherry tomatoes and bacon. The eggs were runny, just the way we like them. I loved the quickness and ease of the dish. Best of all its made from common ingredients found in most kitchens. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Fast, easy and tasty. A great starting point and a lot you can do with it. I added chopped cooked bacon to the bottom with a layer of chedder cheese then followed the directions as listed. I did add 5 minutes to the bake time as I like my whites firm. Served with fresh baked bread that we toasted and hot coffee.
This is a delightful and easy breakfast. I layered the bottom with deli ham and spinach, then topped them with smoked gouda instead of parm and grated a touch of nutmeg over the top. Pure and simple heaven which we dipped buttered toast into for a lovely breakfast.