Recipe by Michigan Dreamer
This is my adopted recipe and I haven't tried it yet.
Top Review by CookieMonster2323
Yum! Creamy chicken is my all-time favorite chicken recipe! (We're actually making it tonight too, hurray!) The only difference with my recipe is that I use 1-2 cups of crushed, seasoned Pepperidge Farm croutons or bread crumbs instead of the stuffing mix (and I prefer it without the optional ingredients) and only drizzle two Tbsp of melted butter over the top before baking. It's something about the texture of this dish with the moist chicken and creamy soup combined with the soft here/crunchy there crushed croutons/bread crumbs that really makes it extra special and delicious to me! I'm surprised that some of the other reviewers didn't find it flavorful enough, as I've always enjoyed the flavor immensely. As far as my family goes, WE LOVE IT!! Thanks for posting!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, 10 oz
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange split, skinned and boned chicken breasts in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Combine soup and wine; stir well.
- Spoon sauce evenly over chicken and sprinkle with crushed stuffing mix.
- Drizzle butter over stuffing.
- If desired, sprinkle with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes.