Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was submitted by a mom for the Brother Martin High School cookbook. I have modified it slightly. My sons love this dish and think I am a wonderful cook for fixing it! They are so easy to please.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasonsed seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Arrange chicken in lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Put sliced swiss cheese on each chicken breast.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup and wine, stirring well. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken. Sprinkle stuffing mix over this. Drizzle butter over crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minute.
Wonderful recipe, I always know when a dish is good, is when my family goes for seconds. Thanks for sharing this one, already added it to my recipe box. Also, I was out of Swiss cheese so I substituted it with Gruyere cheese! It was fabulous! Thanks again. And I shared this recipe on facebook.
I have had this recipe for YEARS. I think I got if from all recipes, but at any rate, it is GREAT! And if you don't like the taste of wine, you can substitute chicken broth and it will still turn out great!
Made this for dinner tonight. It was pretty good. I think the swiss cheese added just a little something extra. I only made two chicken breasts and I didnt reduce the liquids or the stuffing amount, which resulted in the dish being a little "soupy". But it still had good flavor. I'll be making again. Thanks for posting!