Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This chicken dish is good enough to serve to guests! To save time you can brown the chicken in the morning then refrigerate until ready to add on the sauce and bake. I ususally double the complete sauce recipe and make 9-10 breasts, I bake it in a large shallow roasting pan. You can make this using skin-on chicken pieces in place of the chicken breasts.
- 5 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (very soft)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- parmesan cheese, for top (optional)
- cooked rice
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown the chicken on both sides (seasoning with season salt and pepper while browning) place the chicken into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream, soft cream cheese, garlic, onion, green onions, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and black pepper until well combined.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Pour over the chicken in the baking dish and turn the chicken to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Wow! This was really good. What was even better is what I did with the leftovers! We served the chicken with mashed potatoes & a veggie so there was an abundance of sauce left & 2 chicken breasts. I cooked up some small shell pasta dumped it in a baking dish with the sauce & cubed up chicken mixed in. Topped it with a mixture of Ritz, parmesan, cheddar cheese, herbs & melted butter. Baked at 350° for about 30 minutes. Phenomenal!!! You can also add some veggies. We had peas as a side which I ended up mixing in on my plate. The whole family loved the original recipe & my casserole from the leftovers, even my picky 3 year old!
I liked it and think adding sliced mushrooms would be good but unfortunately my husband said not to make it again.
I trimmed it down to 3 servings. We really enjoyed this. The flavor comes through nicely and it's very easy to make. Thanks!