Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very simple and delicious dish for the entire family. The white wine and Swiss cheese make the dish flavorful.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup herb stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- ARRANGE chicken in lightly greased 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- TOP chicken with cheese slices.
- COMBINE soup and wine, stirring well.
- SPOON sauce evenly over chicken.
- SPRINKLE with stuffing mix and drizzle with butter.
- BAKE for 45 to 55 minutes.
This sounded so good, but for some reason just didn't agree with our taste buds.
This was delicious and easy! The chicken came out tender and juicy. Next time I will use more bread crumbs I like the extra crunch. I cut the recipe in half, used white zinfindel instead of white wine, Pepperidge Farm herb-seasoned bread crumbs, and aged swiss..... Perfection!
I have had this recipe for SO many years, and served it on SO many family occasions, the only difference is using mozzerella slices in place of Swiss cheese. My friend, Diane, and I usually servr this with French Rice.