Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This delicious cabbage recipe is simple to prepare and is usually readily accepted by everyone except the true die-hard cabbage haters. The milk and cheese add the pleasing creaminess to this dish.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Butter a 12x8" shallow baking dish.
- Slice the cabbage into 12 wedges.
- Pour 1 cup water in large skillet and bring to boiling.
- Add 1 teaspoons salt and the cabbage.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, 10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Arrange cabbage in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with mixture of flour, sugar, 1 teaspoons salt and the pepper.
- Dot with butter and pour hot milk over cabbage; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes.
Delicious! I added some chopped onion, but that's all I did differently. I loved the ease of preperation...... no seperate cheese sauce to prepare! This is a fantastic way to fancy-up cabbage. Thanx!
Hubby and I liked this but the kids (who usually like cabbage) did not. I would make this again but probably only for adults.