Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are soooo good, if you like Brussels sprouts that is....
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, frozen
- 2 green onions or 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 soda crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Defrost the brussels sprouts slightly in the microwave, just so you can cut them in half easily with a sharp knife.
- Cut all brussels sprouts in half, if needed so they are all similar in size.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of ingredients, add the brussels sprouts and toss lightly until they are all coated.
- Put into a greased casserole dish and bake about 1/2 hour in 325 degree oven until bubbly hot and the brussels sprouts are nice and tender.
We love brussels sprouts! I'm happy to have found this recipe for a nice change from plain old steamed sprouts! I used fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half. I also cooked for a bit longer than the recipe said (to make sure the sprouts were tender and the dish was nice and bubbly). I also increased the temp to 350 for the last few minutes of cooking. This was such a delicious way to serve sprouts! My only complaint would be that the dish seemed a bit too salty for us. I think next time I will not add salt to the recipe and use low-sodium soup. We can always add salt to taste later on. I'll definitely make this again!
used a whole fresh package of brussels, trimmed and cut in half. fried 6-8 pieces of bacon in a cast iron pan, added some onions and a few twists from my garlic mill toward the end. removed and then fried sprouts in bacon grease until semi-tender. mixed as directed and only thing changed was added some melted butter atop the crushed ritz and lightly sprinkle some beau monde seasoning. baked about 30 min. the boyfriend loved, and as you know how kids judge by site, the little girl turned her 8 year old nose in the air and said "I HATE baby cabbages." Guess she'll miss out for a few more years to come. may change cream of soup next time (maybe sodium free??) and possibly omit salt until on my own plate. was super awesome, just a lil salty! thanks for something different and easy!!
Very easy and very tasty. Wonderful addition to our Thanksgiving table