1/8 Photos of Creamy Baked Apples
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
You've never had baked apples like this before! This is an old family recipe that is 'required' at Thanksgiving but eaten all year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel& core apples, cut in eights.
- 2(I use my apple corer/slicer and then just peel the slices) Place in a baking dish, and dot with butter.
- 3Sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar.
- 4Bake in microwave on HIGH for about 10 minutes or until fork inserts easily, stirring at least once.
- 5Remove from microwave and set aside.
- 6In saucepan bring flour, sugar and milk to a boil over medium heat (it will be thick) stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir well.
- 8Pour over apples and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if you desire.
- 9Serve hot or let cool some.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Baked Apples
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 16.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g