Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fun way to use up that excess yellow summer squash in your garden.
- 1 cup farfalle pasta, Bow Ties
- 2 cups summer squash, cut into quarter circles
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but reserve 1 cup of hte pasta water.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat with oil. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and squash and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until squash is tender and water is absorbed.
- Add half and half. Cook 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken. Add reserved pasta water and cheese. Cook 1 more minute and add pasta. Remove from heat and toss. Add bacon.
- Serve in 4 bowls.