Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This could be eaten as a meal all by itself! I have used this recipe for years and my family simply loves it. You can add more cheese to suit your tastes (or a different kind of cheese all together - I mix it up every once in a while with a four cheese mexican blend). Enjoy!!
- 1 bag boil-in-the-bag rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 can oscar meyer bacon bits (or pieces)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook boil-in-bag rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the other ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- When rice is cooked, drain and add hot rice to bowl.
- Stir well.
- **Ifthe cold ingredients have cooled off the rice considerably, then just zap the entire thing in the microwave 15 to 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between zaps, until the dish is hot enough to serve.
I like the flavors in this, and it's a great concept. I'm not sure if my boil-in-bag rice was just the wrong size bag or what, but I felt like I was eating cheese and bacon, with a little rice thrown in. If I make it again, I will either make more rice, or add less of the other ingredients. Super easy to make though! Thanks!
This was very good... We didn't have rice in a bag so we made 5 cups of rice to add to the ingredients. Besides Chad wanting more bacon in it, it was great!! Thanks!
We enjoyed this recipe very much. A nice change of pace.