Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Stylish enough for a dinner party - easy enough for an anytime comfort food.
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels then crumble.
- Pour off all but 2 tbls of the bacon fat, add mushrooms and cook over high heat until they begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add green onion and garlic, cook and stir 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream, cream cheese, basil, thyme and bacon, reduce heat to low and stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Add tomatoe, season with salt and pepper, pour over hot noodles and serve.
Good, easy recipe. The sauce is very pretty, although it did soak into the noodles pretty fast, maybe I should try a different form of pasta. Tasty and fast to make. Used extra Parmesan and parsley on top for a really pretty dish.
We all loved this dish. My 16 year old son ate 3 helpings and said, "You outdid yourself, Mom." Little did he know how easy this little gem of a recipe is.
We thought this had an excellent flavor, but the sauce was almost too thick. I used the cream and then added another 1/2 cup of milk, and it was still thick like paste. Next time I think I will only use 4 oz of cream cheese. I also added a little more garlic (personal taste), and parmesan cheese on top.