Recipe by Lorac
Stylish enough for a dinner party - easy enough for an anytime comfort food.
Top Review by Kasha
Good, easy recipe. The sauce is very pretty, although it did soak into the noodles pretty fast, maybe I should try a different form of pasta. Tasty and fast to make. Used extra Parmesan and parsley on top for a really pretty dish.
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels then crumble.
- Pour off all but 2 tbls of the bacon fat, add mushrooms and cook over high heat until they begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add green onion and garlic, cook and stir 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream, cream cheese, basil, thyme and bacon, reduce heat to low and stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Add tomatoe, season with salt and pepper, pour over hot noodles and serve.