Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Totally made up this recipe because I had chicken breasts, bacon and Atkins penne pasta. I love spicy food and I have tried other buffalo chicken pasta recipes, but this one is the best (if I do say so myself). You can use regular pasta and different cheeses if you wish. You may be able to find some shortcuts since this is a long recipe, but I promise you will be happy if you follow it exactly :)
- 36 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 large chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons wing time buffalo wing sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 7 slices bacon
- 8 ounces penne pasta (or any pasta)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Cut up chicken into pieces, season with salt and pepper, and cook in olive oil in large skillet until brown. I had to cook in two batches.
- Put chicken into large bowl and add hot sauce, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Stir until well coated.
- Cook bacon in microwave for 6 minutes. I use a plate, cover with paper towel, lay bacon on paper towel, then cover with another paper towel. Once cool, crumble into pieces.
- In a large pot, boil water, add pasta and cook according to directions. Drain in a collander and set aside.
- In same pot, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook until light brown.
- Slowly add milk, stirring with a wisk.
- Add cheeses one at a time until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta and stir until coated.
- Add chicken and stir until coated.
- Add bacon and stir until mixed well.