Recipe by Julesong
This is a nice, tangy dressing, and also makes a good topping for crab cakes! Prep time includes refrigeration.
Top Review by Jangomango
Perfect and interesting accompaniment for some smoked salmon. I was looking for something green (for colour) to top some dark rye bread with smoked salmon. There was already a herb thingy so didn't want a repeat of that. This fit the bill. It was very hot, but using just a bit it was great. I used sour cream , lime juice instead of lemon, and fresh garlic (just minced half a clove). Very nice balance of hot , tangy, sweet and salty. All proportions are perfect.
- 2 tablespoons hot wasabi
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled,seeded,and chunked
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt or 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- sake or dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree all ingredients together well, adding sake or other dry white wine to the desired consistency, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve as dressing.
- Also good with crab cakes!
- Note: make sure to use a fully ripe avocado for this recipe! It needs to be ripe and rich - Californian (Haas or Gwen) avocados have a buttery and richer flavor than avocados from Florida or other areas. Otherwise your dressing will come out tasting a little flat.