Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a very flavorful, easy to prepare soup. I found it in Southern Living Magazine in the August 2001 edition. **Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 avocados, quartered
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml onion, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml green onion, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 14.79-44.37 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 1.23-2.46 ml hot sauce
- 907.18 g container chicken broth
- 453.59 g container sour cream (*See Tip)
- Process avocado in a blender or food processor until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Add chopped cilantro and next 9 ingredients, and process until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour into a large bowl; stir in chicken broth and sour cream.
- Cover and chill 3 hours.
- * 1 (16-ounce) container light sour cream may be substituted.
- Makes 8 cups.
I dont care for chilled soups so I ate it hot. :D It was good.