Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a very flavorful, easy to prepare soup. I found it in Southern Living Magazine in the August 2001 edition. **Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 avocados, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 -3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (*See Tip)
- Process avocado in a blender or food processor until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Add chopped cilantro and next 9 ingredients, and process until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour into a large bowl; stir in chicken broth and sour cream.
- Cover and chill 3 hours.
- * 1 (16-ounce) container light sour cream may be substituted.
- Makes 8 cups.
I dont care for chilled soups so I ate it hot. :D It was good.