Recipe by Canadian in Minnesota
This is a vegan, vegetarian dish and can be made gluten-free. It is so easy and quick to make it can be on the table in 15 mins.
- 6 ounces pasta (I use whole wheat spaghetti)
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peel removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Salt the water and add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- 2. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce by placing the avocado, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- 3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and place pasta into a large bowl. Add the sauce to the pasta and toss until pasta is well coated. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: This pasta dish is best eaten the day it is made.