Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Creamy, thick, and rich with lots of garlic flavour and a hint of lemon. The avocado works wonderfully in this recipe to create a sauce so creamy and thick, you will think there is cream hiding in there. Found on a recipe blog and posted here for safe keeping :)
- 1 medium sized ripe avocado, pitted
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces of your choice pasta
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.
Made for PAC2013. We LOVE it! This recipe has become a family favorite! I will be making this once a week from now on. I used tortellini as my choice of pasta. I am also able to get 3 servings from the sauce. It's pretty thick so I added some of the cooking water from the pasta to help thin it out a bit. This actually stretched the sauce further! It's a great vegan recipe, too. If you use brown rice pasta, it could be gluten free! It's so versatile and wonderful! LOVE IT...did I say that already?! We love it!
I want this served at my after-life gathering. BTW, make sure I'm buried with my blue tooth hooked up on me should I have something to call back and report.