Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An interesting change from guacamole, served directly on tortilla chips or crackers. Add more hot pepper sauce for a bigger kick if you want! You can leave it plain or add one of the suggested toppings below. From Food and Drink Magazine.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cooked shrimp
- sliced chile
- halved cherry tomatoes
- coriander sprig
- Peel, dice and de-pit avocado and place in a food processor.
- Add lime juice, hot pepper sauce and garlic.
- Process until smooth and then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover by placing plastic wrap DIRECTLY onto the surface of avocado mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, you can serve it as is or add some of the optional toppings and serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
This dip is great for it's ease and so quick to make. I will for sure be making this again, maybe even this evening :). Made by Bistro Babes for ZWT 8
We loved this dip. Thanks!
I prepared this with 2 small Greek avocados and it came just wonderful.
I added some fresh plum tomatoes (I did not have cherry tomatoes) arranging them around the dip. Yummy, a great summer dip!
I really enjoyed this recipe. It's perfect for someone like me who enjoys the taste of guacamole, just not large chunks of tomatoes and onions. I'm going to use it tonight for dinner as a spread for turkey bacon wraps. I'll definitely be making this again, it's super easy.