Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a vegan raw food recipe, that makes eating raw easy! Adapted from Vegparadise.
- 236.59 ml water
- 1 medium avocado, flesh of, reserving 1 tbls. for garnish
- 473.18 ml chopped cucumbers
- 354.88 ml chopped tomatoes
- 1-1 serrano chili, with seeds, sliced (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 sprig mint leaf
- 2 lemons, juice of or 2 limes, juice of
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml maple syrup (can use dates or honey to sweeten)
- 2 small mint leaves
- paprika (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender in the order listed.
- Start blender on low speed for a few seconds, then switch to high; blend until creamy and smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour into 2 soup bowls.
- Dice reserved avocado and gently drop them into the center of the bowl.
- Add a mint leaf and sprinkle diced avocado with paprika if desired.
Oh my goodness, this was so good! My avocados were small, so I used two and three medium tomatoes. If eaten right away the soup is much sweeter than if let to sit in the fridge - either way was delicious but I found it interesting that there was such a flavor change by cooling. I used about 3/4 cup water since I like a little thicker soup and used my food processor instead of a blender. Wonderful chilled soup!
Delicious!! I used a little less spring water per reviews. I peeled the English cucumber I used, used grape tomatoes as they were what I had on hand, I did not add the optional chili or paprika per preference. I used one lemon and one lime, sea salt, mint from the garden, unpasteurised local honey (raw) plus the rest. Mine was more of a redy colour than green. I would make this again for myself. Made for Group Beetroot in RECIPE SWAP #42 - July 2010.
This was very good - I did have to make a couple changes due to dietary restrictions and even though it turned out great. Next time I will cut the lemon in half - just too much for me and if my blender will still move it cut back on the water as well. Very nice summer gazpacho! Made for Veg*n Swap 24!