Recipe by Sharon123
This is a vegan raw food recipe, that makes eating raw easy! Adapted from Vegparadise.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Oh my goodness, this was so good! My avocados were small, so I used two and three medium tomatoes. If eaten right away the soup is much sweeter than if let to sit in the fridge - either way was delicious but I found it interesting that there was such a flavor change by cooling. I used about 3/4 cup water since I like a little thicker soup and used my food processor instead of a blender. Wonderful chilled soup!
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium avocado, flesh of, reserving 1 tbls. for garnish
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2-1 serrano chili, with seeds, sliced (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 sprig mint leaf
- 2 lemons, juice of or 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (can use dates or honey to sweeten)
- 2 small mint leaves
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender in the order listed.
- Start blender on low speed for a few seconds, then switch to high; blend until creamy and smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour into 2 soup bowls.
- Dice reserved avocado and gently drop them into the center of the bowl.
- Add a mint leaf and sprinkle diced avocado with paprika if desired.