1/1 Photo of Creamy Avocado and White Bean Wrap
"White beans mashed with ripe avocado and blended with sharp Cheddar and onion makes an incredibly rich, flavorful filling for this wrap. The tangy, spicy slaw adds crunch. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa and Tecate beer." This is a fast and easy vegetarian wrap, perfect for a lunch. Feel free to make it vegan - I think it is delish without the cheese! Recipe from Eating Well Magazine, July/Aug 2009. Sometimes I sub out some of the red cabbage for lettuce. I have also subbed white vinegar for the cider vinegar. Lastly, I have added tomatoes and then left the avocado cubed and the beans whole (not mashing them as per the original recipe).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions (may sub green onions)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 or 10 inch will work)
- 1Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- 2Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- 3To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
- 4NOTE: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they’ll keep at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer. I have also used chipotle sauce with wonderful results.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Avocado and White Bean Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.8
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 633.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo