Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is SO SIMPLE! But oh so good!!!!!!! A great way to make a quick side dish without a lot of fuss, but great flavor! My own concoction, though I think it's Austrian...??? I think I saw Emeril?? make it years ago, but I didn't write it down. So this is my own version. My picky hubby even likes it! :) Haha! And he swears he hates Minute Rice!
- In small saucepan, melt butter and add chopped onions. Cook onions about 5 minutes til just tender.
- *Add garlic during the last minute.
- Add water and boullion and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, stir, put lid on and shut off heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir in mayo.
- Fold in peas.
- Wahlah! Easy as that!
- If you like it creamier, add more mayo!
- You can also add chopped parsley or a favorite herb.
- Serve with pepper if desired.
- Just think of this as a starting point for however you would like to make it! :).
- We like it as written, though. ;).
- And I like that it's all in one pan! LOL!
The first bite was kind of weird. I could taste the mayo. But after it was getting better less mayo taste. But DH really didn't like this. Because of the mayo. I cooked it in the microwave. Thanks Wildflour. Made for Beverage tag.
This was such an easy side dish to make, it saved me so much time tonight, thanks! We all enjoyed this rice too, very tasty. Made this for ZWT4 for the ChicChefs.
Hi Kelly! Thank you so much for this tasty side dish! We had it along side Beef Rouladen. It was so easy to make and complimented the beef dish so well. Thanks again! :)