This recipe is SO SIMPLE! But oh so good!!!!!!! A great way to make a quick side dish without a lot of fuss, but great flavor! My own concoction, though I think it's Austrian...??? I think I saw Emeril?? make it years ago, but I didn't write it down. So this is my own version. My picky hubby even likes it! :) Haha! And he swears he hates Minute Rice!
- In small saucepan, melt butter and add chopped onions. Cook onions about 5 minutes til just tender.
- *Add garlic during the last minute.
- Add water and boullion and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, stir, put lid on and shut off heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir in mayo.
- Fold in peas.
- Wahlah! Easy as that!
- If you like it creamier, add more mayo!
- You can also add chopped parsley or a favorite herb.
- Serve with pepper if desired.
- Just think of this as a starting point for however you would like to make it! :).
- We like it as written, though. ;).
- And I like that it's all in one pan! LOL!